Monday, January 18, 2010

A tidy corner

Some days are a struggle. This one started off in such a beautiful way and I was so full of good intentions until migraine got in my way.
The House of Golden Dreams has been growing, and in between headache and sleep I managed to find a space to hang the Winter Feast painting, home from the Christmas window of Rhosson House Gallery, which has now closed.  Winter Feast needs to be hung as the frame is hand gilded and so it needs to be cared for with kindness. A dancing hare drawing waits to be finished, my head, which still hurts when I cough, is full of rhyme and nonsense, and a dragon's story. Tomorrow is another day.



6 comments:

  1. Hope the head is better, what a lovely corner and a tantalising glimpse of more paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting looks gorgeous and what a perfect place for it! Hope your head is feeling better!
    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about the migraine...hoping it will leave and not leave any trailing reminders behind. The painting and its gilded frame are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mean to be upsetting and the painting does look beautiful, but I'm worried that those are lilies beside it.

    Did you know that the pollen from lilies can be poisonous to cats? If they touch it and then lick themselves it can be fatal. You can cut the end of the stamen with the pollen on it off without spoiling the flower and then they're safe.

    I hope you don't mind me telling you this.

    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries Nora. The lilies are in part of the gallery where cats are strictly not allowed, owing to the fact that they like to walk on paintings and drawings with muddy or paint covered paws. Cats safe, lilies safe. And all of my cats have more sense than chew a lily when there is tastey mouse flesh close at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie,

    I'm so glad to hear that. I wouldn't trust my cats not to play with a nice bunch of flowers, if I gave them the chance.

    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete