Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday



Today I
painted a very small picture
found a moth that was soft and beautiful
discovered a bog with a river of irises waiting to flower
ripped up yesterday's painting into long ribbon threads
sent work as if by magic to America
waited to hear and was reminded that the earth is a large spherical object and while I was awake, she was asleep in the darkness waiting for the birds to sing the sun to rise
waited
walked in the evening hoping for owls
saw swallows
waited
hoped
thought

2 comments:

  1. Are you finding peace, my dear? Are you breathing deep, smiling at the clouds, smelling the new grass? Please be good to yourself. Stress is a killer.
    Cenya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful free-floating thoughts.

    I heard an owl two nights ago when I was out with our Old English Sheepdog. It obviously was flying because the call came from one area in the darkness, then another. Abby and I stood together listening and we both understood it was a special moment.

    ReplyDelete